My name is Maureen Cooper. I am the founder-director of Awareness in Action www.awarenessinaction.org
At Awareness in Action we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
It covers the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
What personal data is collected and the reasons for collection
We obtain information about you when you use our website, register for courses, buy a product or service, comment on a blog, or sign up to our mailing list.
It is important to note that:
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
COMMENTS ON BLOGS
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection
SIGNING UP TO MAILING LIST
When you sign up to our mailing list you are asked for your email address to enable us to send you the newsletters and updates that we send out.
WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR AN ONLINE COURSE
You are asked for your email address so we can send you the course materials. You will be asked to pay through PayPal.
If you contact us through the CONTACT page you will be asked for your name, email address and specific enquiry. This is against spam.
If you send us an email, we will use that to respond to your query. This email will not be shared with anyone else.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and web page usage.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Your rights over your data
• You always have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct communications from us, then you can opt out. Anyone can opt out using the link at the footer of emails we send
• If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.